. Login Register

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kon

Kon

Hello everyone,

The general gaming name I'm known as and have used for years is Pakon. However, everyone calls me Kon for short. There's a long story behind how I got my name but i won't get into that right now.

I take pc gaming very seriously being an avid member of many different communities, projects, websites, forums, etc. I've taking the time to experience with and explore the various different popular clients & programs such as Steam, Xfire, Arc, Raptr, etc.

I came across this site when browsing a topic on another forum about pc gaming being dead. I think the idea of this forum is really creative and with the right support from the right people, it can prosper a lot in the future.

A centralized gaming hub for the most popular pc games out there has never been made yet. There's been tons of forums for the different individual games themselves, but never one for them all. Centralizing it would require a lot, but there's no limits to the idea of it.

The traffic on this forum would be exceptional with the right advertisement, promotion, and recruitment. I currently have a lot of connections, and I'll mention the idea of this to them one day. If they like it and would invest in the development of it, then you guys could possibly be offered a major upgrade entirely.

I work as a general game support member and models/graphics designer for Perfect World Studios right now. Its a pretty complex job that requires a lot of focus and long hours without sleep, but I enjoy it and wouldn't change jobs for the world since gaming is my passion entirely.

http://www.perfectworld.com/

XL Wolf

XL Wolf

Head of Staff Team

Head of Staff Team
Sounds like you're going to have a lot to offer to this fine establishment, Kon.

Hopefully your friends feel highly of the idea of this as you do, and we do actually get some investment support for more development.

For now though, welcome to the forums mate.  Very Happy

Kon

Kon

Yeah, I doubt they'll see it differently. Me and most of my friends think very alike and we know a good thing when we see it. Not to mention I'm pretty persuasive myself, hehe.

Thanks for the welcome though man.

Ben The Zen

Ben The Zen

General Community Manager

You should know, this fine centralized gaming hub existed a time long before this but was never given the recognition it should've been given. The hub went to shit back in 2010, and the Founder basically handed over all the community rights to me before vanishing on us.

We've been working around a load of things to try and get things back up here. Back in 2009 when the community was really popular, we had servers for almost all the games we supported. They were key for us to bring traffic in and get the general hub name out there.

That right now is our biggest goal - We're working to get all the servers set-up for the new list of supported games we have and once we do that, everything from there is just minor developments based on the overall crowd we attract.

The site is obviously a piece of shit at the moment. We're having our forum designer fix-up a few bugs, and design a few more things for the place. Our site use to be exceptional back in the days, but things change I guess.

I look forward to hearing back from those connections of yours about the investment towards Nexus Gaming's development. It would be a great help for us to receive some funds right now. As I mentioned, we need to pull our traffic back and servers was the best way for us back in the days.

And lastly, welcome to the forums Kon!  Smile

https://nxgaming.forumotion.com

Buttercup

Buttercup

Among The Gods
Among The Gods
Hello Kon!  Very Happy

Very nice introduction man.

The Lost Pirate

The Lost Pirate

Minecraft Forum Moderator

Minecraft Forum Moderator
Welcome to The Nexus Gaming Hub, Kon!

https://minecraft.net/

Yakuzi

Yakuzi

Honored Member
Honored Member
Nice to meet you, Kon!

http://9f1780.medialib.glogster.com/media/9bf507de75db4337adf522

Def3ct

Def3ct

TTT Forum Moderator

TTT Forum Moderator
Pretty long but very intriguing introduction there my friend.

I look forward to seeing you around more and getting to know you as well. Heck, maybe we'll even play in game together sometime. I've always been interested in working in the game development business, but never took any real steps.  Neutral 

Shad0w

Shad0w

Avid Recruiter
Avid Recruiter
Welcome, I hope you've gotten yourself acquainted with the forums, Kon!

Kon

Kon

Def3ct wrote:Pretty long but very intriguing introduction there my friend.

I look forward to seeing you around more and getting to know you as well. Heck, maybe we'll even play in game together sometime. I've always been interested in working in the game development business, but never took any real steps.  Neutral 

Its never to late to take those steps man, this is a very entertaining business and it can use all the technical help it can get in this day and age. With the way gaming is advancing, soon we're going to need people with entirely different skill sets completely and we're going to be out the door.

So don't give up on that man. However, thanks for the generous responses guys. The crowd here seems just as it should too. Sure we can find a way to make this thing work for the better.

I'm very glad that you told me that though, Ben. It actually makes me want to learn a lot more about this hub back in the days, it sounds like it really had good things going for it.

Just curious, are you the only one that knew the founders and was apart of the old hub community?

Kradon

Kradon

Welcome to the forums.

Ben The Zen

Ben The Zen

Kon wrote:Just curious, are you the only one that knew the founders and was apart of the old hub community?

No, there's several members currently here on the forums who was apart of the old community hub. Many of them knew the Founders, but me and War Doctor were really the only ones who was apart of the old staff team and have insight to everything.

These forums had some sort of reset to start fresh, however certain things like the post count data stayed. People with very high post counts are most likely members of the old forums and have re-registered here causing their data to extract again.

There's a really long story behind the whole hub thing. It'll be a pleasure to get you up to date over Teamspeak or something if that's accessible to you.

https://nxgaming.forumotion.com

SLyde

SLyde

Former Community Overseer

Former Community Overseer
One of the best introductions I've seen in a while. Most people don't care to put actual time into writing out their introductions, but little do they know this is key to acquainting yourself with the general community.

What interest me however is your career with Perfect World. I'm in the game development business myself, only it isn't for a thriving company like Perfect World. I work with Indie developers on various different projects. We're currently working on the development of a futuristic racing game called: Z00m

If I might ask, what program and software do you use for the model creation? Also, what basic engine does Perfect World run to create their MMOs, etc?

Sunny

Sunny

Server Dev + Support
Server Dev + Support
Sounds like you have a lot going for yourself and I'm glad you're working to share some of it with the community. We could use a valuable asset to the team like you right now, you should definitely look into becoming a Mod. Good Staff members are usually made from there.

Anyways, welcome to the Nexus Gaming Hub man.

The Godfarther

The Godfarther

Retired Staff Member

Retired Staff Member
Very nice to meet you Kon.

Nexus Gaming hub and the general idea of it that was built years ago needed more recognition in general. With the right investments and funding, the hub could be an iconic centralized place for thousands of pc gamers.

I do hope that the managers work towards pursing some of the things you mentioned, because great things can come from it.

Enjoy your stay here mate.

Toshi

Toshi

Former Hub Manager

Former Hub Manager
Welcome to NX Gaming, Kon!

Kon

Kon

SLyde wrote:One of the best introductions I've seen in a while. Most people don't care to put actual time into writing out their introductions, but little do they know this is key to acquainting yourself with the general community.

What interest me however is your career with Perfect World. I'm in the game development business myself, only it isn't for a thriving company like Perfect World. I work with Indie developers on various different projects. We're currently working on the development of a futuristic racing game called: Z00m

If I might ask, what program and software do you use for the model creation? Also, what basic engine does Perfect World run to create their MMOs, etc?

For model design I started with Google sketch when it first came out, but then really enjoyed how K-3D and Blender worked for me so I currently work those two the most. If you're not experienced I wouldn't recommend blender... I'd suggest you start with programs like Topmodel3D & 3DPlus.

I can't exactly give you good lintel on the engine we run for the development, because that really isn't my area of expertise. However, i'm sure you could E-mail our support team for some information like that. They're really generally helpful to fellow game designers.

Thanks for the welcomes again guys.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum